Position Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Reports to: VP Operations & Engineering
Date: July 2008
Exemption Status: Exempt
The Quality Assurance Manager will provide general supervision and technical guidance to the QA Staff in the analysis, design, testing, and deployment of all Amphire applications. The Quality Assurance Manager maintains ultimate responsibility for assuring that all products are defect free and compliant with technical specifications.
Supervisor and Technical Guidance
- Provides necessary definition, development and deployment of the Amphire product quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of product development.
- Directly supervises Quality Assurance Team Lead, Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Manages department and overall expectations pertaining to setting accurate schedules, costs and resources.
- Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives, i.e. meeting commitments and coordinating overall quality assurance schedule.
- Maintains product consistency throughout product cycle, to include the design, define and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing.
- Develop and manage quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all teams.
- Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
- Manages the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
- Provides effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to plan.
- Works with Project Managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects and other activities such as software deployment, customer integration, and professional services validation.
- Responsible and Accountable of flagging the timing of interdepartmental deliverables and the quality of their output.
- Manages and responds to Software Quality Assurance issues with related groups such as Development, Database, Integration, and Customer Support.
- Assures the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools.
- Anticipates program release problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
Deployment and Delivery
- Orchestrates the delivery of software to Customer visible environments.
- Responsible of creating task and checklists for software deployment.
- Troubleshooting and high tier support.
- Establish and maintain policy for documentation of all Amphire products.
- Reviews documentation before is sent out to External Customers.
Requirement Quality Definition
- Establish policy for end user experience on all Amphire products.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
(Minimum qualifications required to perform this job)
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of software quality assurance experience, to include a minimum of 3 years in a lead role or management position.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics, such as defect profiles and performance to entry/exit criteria.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills a must.
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
- Must have experience in managing and working with distributed team members.
- Knowledge of internet and e-business processes, disciplines and standards.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
Please send resume with cover letter to
Salary DOQ. Amphire is an equal opportunity employer.