JOB TITLE: Business Analyst
REPORTING TO: Director of Systems
LOCATION: UK (Stokenchurch)
Amphire is a leading global provider of SaaS (Software as a Service) supply chain and purchasing solutions to the foodservice and hospitality industries. Our services are at the heart of many industry operations including manufacturers, distributors and retailer operators, all of whom have benefited from our industry expertise and flexible technology platform. We maximize supply chain efficiencies for all of our clients, resulting in tangible benefits including: improved visibility, time savings and reduced costs. Today, Amphire enjoys a broad and consistent set of customers: 110,000+ operators, 170+ distributors, 700+ manufacturers. We process well over a million transactions each month with $20 Billion in transaction value annually. Amphire continues to grow, expanding both our customer base and our suite of products, to strengthen our ability to serve our customers.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To work as part of the UK technical team in order to identify, analyse, and evaluate business systems and client needs. To work with internal and external clients, in order to confirm business objectives, define appropriate technical solutions, and to document these as detailed functional specifications. To work closely with our software engineering teams to ensure that developments are carried out effectively, and that solutions fully meet our customers' needs.
- To work with clients to review existing processes and business challenges, in order to identify opportunities for new technology solutions.
- To investigate, analyse, and document customer and business requirements, by use of appropriate user meetings, interviews, and workshops etc.
- To define and clearly document business requirements and objectives.
- To produce detailed functional and technical specifications for all developments.
- To act as the client point of contact throughout the development cycle.
- To work with closely with our engineering teams throughout the course of software development to ensure an efficient engineering process is followed.
- To ensure software is appropriately tested before being deployed. This may involve defining test packs, carrying out testing, working with our QA team etc.
- Where appropriate, to arrange and carry out user training required as part of systems implementation.
- To provide support to users once new software has been implemented.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
A Business Analyst is expected to:
- hold an appropriate Bachelors Degree, or have equivalent experience.
- have at least five years experience working on business requirements analysis.
- to have worked in a customer facing environment, and to demonstrate a desire to excel in customer satisfaction.
- have a working knowledge of the latest Microsoft technologies.
- have good project management skills.
- demonstrate a passion for learning new technologies and quickly grasping concepts in a dynamic environment.
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- be able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non technical audiences.
- be able to demonstrate a good attention to detail.
- be a self starter, and be capable of independent judgement.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
The jobholder may be expected to work outside of normal hours on occasions, e.g. for the purpose of assisting in system testing, the implementation of new systems, implementing changes to existing systems, and supporting production systems.
The jobholder will be based within the UK technical team at Stokenchurch, but will be expected to visit remote sites, and to attend external meetings with customers and suppliers. A current driving licence is required.
If your qualifications meet the desired skills we seek for a posted position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please indicate which position you seek and why you believe you qualify for this position. Amphire does not accept resumes for non-posted positions or resumes submitted via mail, in person or fax.